JOIN OUR TEAM
WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM?
Want to work for Melbourne’s leading Wedding DJ company?
We are currently looking for professional, accountable, punctual and enthusiastic DJs with an amazing attitude to join the team.
The ideal DJ candidate will be well presented and possess the following qualities:
• Proven ability to DJ and seamlessly beat-match songs.
• Skilled at song selection, and holds a broad music knowledge of all styles and genres.
• Experience in various functions such as weddings, corporate events and private functions.
• The value to perform, entertain and make a positive impact on our valued client’s events.
• Be available Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
Customer service, communication and professionalism are very important for us, as we pride ourselves in our youthful, confident and outgoing team.
Our team is reliable, hold excellent communication skills and are professional, which are essential aspects of being a Mercury Entertainment Group team member.
FEEL LIKE YOU ARE A GOOD FIT?
• You DO NOT need to own/supply anything for gigs.
• We can supply all the equipment and music for gigs.
• A DJ booking for a wedding includes a consultation with the couple over zoom, picking up the equipment the day of the gig, performing the gig, and then dropping off the equipment the following day (however if you play regularly you can just hold onto the gear).
• You will not be required to MC if you do not wish to.
• You must own your own car (must be sufficiently sized: anything with 4 doors or a hatch-back is usually big enough) and have a valid license.
• You can work on most Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights throughout the year as well as some weekdays.
• You are open and willing to commit yourself to a DJ booking up to 12 months in advance if you are available
• You own (or will purchase) formal attire.
If you think you have what it takes please fill out the form below.
Should your application be successful, we will be in contact with you to chat further.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU CAN CONFIRM ALL THE CRITERIA ABOVE
Join Our Team
NEW TO DJING?
Our online beginner DJ course is an 8 part series covering all the aspects you need to get you started on your DJ journey.
Here is our course overview:
1 – Equipment setup
We will run you through everything you need to know to setup and prepare yourself to practice at home or for a gig.
2 – Decks in detail
We will show you what each button / function does on the mixer and media players.
3 – Music Library / Rekordbox
How to sort / select / search and categorise your music for ease when DJing.
4 – Basic Music theory
Learning about Beats/bars/ counting, key, BPM, song structure and much more
5 – Beat mixing.
This is the big one! get this right and you can call yourself a DJ.
6. – Other Mixing techniques
Fading, effects. EQ and loops etc
7 – Music flow / Reading the crowd
This gets in depth with incorporating your mixing skills with selecting the right music for your DJ set.
8 – Skills test
We will put you to the test to see how you have developed over the course.
Cost of the online beginner DJ Course is usually ($189) however our special introductory offer is ($89) when using code Mercury100, for a very limited time.
Before signing up to our online beginner DJ course you will need the below:
DJ Decks or controller (if you don’t have access to your own decks you can email us to hire decks)
Speakers or headphones
mp3 songs on your USB